Coyote Medicine


I was hiking through my sacred sandy, rocky arroyo this morning finding myself cursing an unknown rancher in North Dakota. I had read through the Center for Biological Diversity newsletter of a very rare wolverine that was gunned down. What gives a man with a gun the right, I thought bitterly? Was the wolverine threatening the rancher’s cattle, chickens or just there…something alive to shoot?

I am very reactive to hearing about wild critters being senselessly killed. Then I looked up from my sandy path to see my coyote ally up ahead of me. We both stopped to eye each other as I called out “I am here! I see you!” (Actually, I called out “Oh, Hi!” in a high-pitched voice that I might call to my domestic felines.) I imagined the wild dog laughing to himself and thinking “It’s her!” as he trotted off into the bush. You bet, it’s me, oh beautiful one, and I love that I got a glimpse of you today! Be safe, oh wild one!

I then pondered how man has been trying to “tame” the wild for eons. I get that it was to stay safe, fed and warm. However, most Americans are now essentially safe (except from each other), generally fed (who eats wolves, wolverines and coyotes anyway?) and most humans are now thankfully clothed without fur. Yet there is a certain predatory population who feels they have a right to kill anything in their path, the bigger the better, as in immoral trophy killing in Africa.

I think it is high time for the wild to tame man! Enough already! Meanwhile, I’m cultivating my wild feminine so that I can become as fierce as Kali in my commitment to protect flora and fauna from a certain unconscious human population. May they lay down their arms to allow us to encircle our arms around them so they can learn to love their own wild, feminine heart!


Aho!

Comments

Popular Posts