Allies in Unpredictable Places


I opened the doors before dawn this morning to the heavens in search of the Perseid meteor showers, as well as messages from the Firebird. I learned that the Perseids’ radiant point lies in the constellation Perseus, named after the Greek god who slew Medusa and rescued his future wife, Andromeda! 

Although I didn’t see a lot of fireballs or falling stars, I was enchanted to be on my 2nd-story balcony pulled into the macrocosm while the human world slept. What a magical place to be at this bewitching hour peering into deep space with my unfolding wings outstretched! 

The message I returned to bed with was to watch for allies in unpredictable places. I can call on Perseus to awaken those whose hearts have turned stone cold. I am reminded that if I feel uneasy or can’t sleep, I can replenish my need for dire beauty and equanimity by stepping out into the darkness and looking up into the glowing universe. And as I scan the infinitude I might just get a glimpse of a flaming firebird feather.


Comments

Popular Posts